For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited Me in, I needed clothes and you clothed Me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you came to visit Me.
– Matthew 25:35-36
What We Do
- Give assistance to and pray for people at Journey Church, our city (especially the inner-city and homeless), and those in need.
- Provide emergency food for those in our church body and community.
- Conduct outreaches to our community.
How You Can Serve
- Nursing Home Visits and Fellowship – Volunteer to visit and fellowship at local nursing homes building a relationship and giving support.
- Church Food Pantry – Help us keep the Pantry stocked by bringing non-perishable food and/or supplies to the church. Items placed in the Hands of the Lamb food baskets near the church entrances will be used for church attendees in need.
- Church Food Pantry Manager – The manager of the pantry oversees the stocking of shelves and discarding of expired items, as well as keeping the area sanitary.
- Shopping – We need occasional shoppers for emergency food needs as they arise. Funds are provided by the church.
- One-On-One – Volunteers are needed to meet and pray with recipients of food and other supplies.
- Transportation – Provide rides to and from church on Sunday mornings, as needed, for handicapped individuals and others lacking sufficient transportation.
- Family Support – Ministering to selected families in our church body through prayer and occasional visits.
Periodic serving opportunities include:
- Faith Scalzo Scholarship Recipients Selection
- School Supplies Outreach
- Bag-By-Bag Food Collection
- Thanksgiving Baskets Outreach
- Angel Tree Prison Fellowship Program
- Christmas Toys Outreach
- Nursing Home Visits and Fellowship
For more information on how to become involved with this ministry, contact us at [email protected]
Join us for our monthly meetings – we meet every 3rd Saturday at Journey Church in Room L3 from 9:00 – 11:00 am.