For I was hungry and you gave Me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave Me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited Me in, I needed clothes and you clothed Me, I was sick and you looked after Me, I was in prison and you came to visit Me.
– Matthew 25:35-36
What We Do
- Give assistance to and pray for people at Journey Church, our city (especially the inner-city and homeless), and those in need.
- Provide emergency food for those in our church body and community.
- Conduct outreaches to our community.
How You Can Serve
- Nursing Home Visits and Fellowship – Volunteer to visit and fellowship at local nursing homes building a relationship and giving support.
- Church Food Pantry – Help us keep the Pantry stocked by bringing non-perishable food and/or supplies to the church. Items placed in the Hands of the Lamb food baskets near the church entrances will be used for church attendees in need.
- Church Food Pantry Manager – The manager of the pantry oversees the stocking of shelves and discarding of expired items, as well as keeping the area sanitary.
- Shopping – We need occasional shoppers for emergency food needs as they arise. Funds are provided by the church.
- One-On-One – Volunteers are needed to meet and pray with recipients of food and other supplies.
- Transportation – Provide rides to and from church on Sunday mornings, as needed, for handicapped individuals and others lacking sufficient transportation.
- Family Support – Ministering to selected families in our church body through prayer and occasional visits.
Periodic serving opportunities include:
- Faith Scalzo Scholarship Recipients Selection
- School Supplies Outreach
- Bag-By-Bag Food Collection
- Thanksgiving Baskets Outreach
- Angel Tree Prison Fellowship Program
- Christmas Toys Outreach
- Nursing Home Visits and Fellowship
We want to break the stigma on mental health and have open conversations around it. By having compassion for others and hearing their story we can spread hope.
For more information on how to become involved with this ministry, contact us at [email protected]
Join us for our monthly meetings – we meet every 3rd Saturday at Journey Church in Room L3 from 9:00 – 11:00 am.